Welcome new clients with this step by step guide and done for you template.
Email marketing is far from dead.
In fact, it’s one of the best ways to connect, communicate and ultimately sell to your dream clients.
Since you’re reading this article, we’re guessing you already know how important emails are to your marketing and customer relationships.
But, maybe until now, your email marketing has been in the ‘too-hard basket’?
That’s all about to change.
Our done for you template is designed to help you create personalised, got-to-click, high converting emails consistently…. starting with a kick ass automated welcome sequence.
Never heard of a welcome sequence?
We got you.
Your welcome email sequence is a series of messages created specifically for your audience.
It’s a NOT-TO-BE-MISSED opportunity to highlight your brand and turn the casual browser into your new email BFF.
What we love most about welcome sequences is how fully automatable they are. Build your sequence, write it, schedule it and go – you don’t need to think about it again.
So, you can get back to doing what you do best while your carefully crafted emails simply roll out and deliver the goods.
After writing hundreds of emails to new, existing and potential clients, email marketing is kinda our thing – and we want to share our insider info with you.
That’s why we’ve made you an email marketing cheat sheet loaded up with our proven welcome sequence strategy.
The best bit: it’s easy to follow, simple to implement and it’s all wrapped up in a nifty little downloadable that you can refer to again and again.
- your emails become the envy of your competitors
- you tap into the opportunity of an ever-growing email list
- and your audience can’t stop reading
Let’s do it.
Our email cheat sheet is the best in the biz (if we do say so ourselves) but even the best template needs to be filled with the right content.
So, before you hit the download button – here’s some extra tips to create a welcome email campaign that hits the spot.
Crafting your email marketing strategy:
- What are welcome series email campaigns
- Why is email marketing important
- Email marketing highest ROI
- Consumer engagement
- Tips and tricks for great welcome series email campaigns
- Strategy first – set goals
- Email Marketing Cheat Sheet
What are welcome series email campaigns?
A welcome email series is a sequence of emails that are automatically sent after a user has opted-in (subscribed to your email list). Usually this happens when they purchase a product or download a free resource.
It’s a marketing strategy that takes advantage of when your new dream customers are most excited. With their trust in your brand at an all-time high, it’s the perfect time to introduce yourself, show off your awesomeness and even incentivise them to buy again.
Why is a welcome sequence important?
Despite most businesses focussing on social media (64%) and websites (55%), studies have shown that email marketing dominates the digital marketing landscape. Hubspot’s 2021 study showed, in terms of return on investment (ROI), that email has a staggering 4,200% ROI. Crazily, social media comes in a distant 2nd with an estimated average of 28%.
In terms of return on investment,
email has a staggering 4,200% ROI.
Email marketing ROI – get proven results.
Email marketing can help you see real results with very little investment.
How is this possible?
With Facebook boasting over 1 billion active users, Twitter 255 million, it’s understandable to think social media is the most effective way to extend your brand’s reach.
On the other hand, in 2020, 306.4 billion emails were sent, and there are approximately 4 billion email users right this very second.
And the number is climbing.
If you think about it, it’s not that surprising. Every app, online shopping cart or subscription needs an email address. It has become the currency of the web; anybody who’s online has an active email address.
So when it comes to expanding your brand’s reach and boosting awareness, there’s no channel quite like email.
“In 2020, 306.4 billion emails were sent
& there are roughly 4 billion email users right this very second.”
Re-incentivise, educate and engage your dream clients.
Sending an automated welcome email series <insert link to email marketing service page> is an easy way to greet new subscribers, build upon their trust in you, and introduce yourself.
We all want to keep our business as personalised as possible; no one’s a fan of generic emails.
The great thing about a welcome sequence is it’s entirely customisable, offering you a powerful way to introduce yourself to your dream customers without investing a large amount of time or effort.
On average, sending a series of welcome emails creates
51% more revenue than a single welcome email.
Tips and tricks for great email campaigns
Strategy First – Set Goals:
Before you get stuck into using our welcome email cheat sheet, you need to get clear on your goals. Typically when you welcome a new subscriber you allocate different goals to different emails in the sequence.
- Nurturing relationships
- Looking for feedback
“it doesn’t matter how optimised your emails are if you can’t see the results of your effort
– not to mention measure whether an email is helping you hit your goals.”
Email marketing goal examples:
- Customer Relationship Nurturing: While attracting new customers is essential, so is nurturing relationships with people who already trust you and are interested in your products.
- Upselling, Converting and Cross-sells: Customers who have bought before are more likely to do so again than people who have only just found your business. You can do so by upselling your services or directing your qualified leads towards other products.
- More information: Just because they have bought from you once doesn’t mean they’ve become your number 1 fan. By offering more info you build trust, your authority and develop long term customer relationships.
- Feedback to help improve your business: the best place to find out what people want is straight from the horse’s mouth. Collecting customer feedback shows you value their opinions and that they’re important to you. By asking your clients for feedback, you communicate that their views are important to you and used correctly, it can boost your business significantly.
Personalisation and Segmentation
You want your customer to feel like you’re talking to them specifically. While our email marketing cheat sheet will help you set up a fully automatable campaign and hash out all the fundamentals, it still needs to feel personal.
Personalising the content of your emails is crucial to making your dream customers feel heard and seen.
- Include a first name in the subject line and email. Using your dream client’s name is a simple technique that creates trust and helps establish a long-term relationship.
- Use their known data to wish them a happy birthday and a discount. This excellent opportunity to offer a highly personalised message along with a personalised offer.
As email marketing platforms become more adept at collecting data and gaining insights on your dream customers, sending the right content to the right individual becomes easier.
With an intelligent email marketing platform, you’ll be able to set and forget email campaigns and send each contact the email most relevant for them.
Of course, to do this, you’ll need specific tools:
- Dynamic content: This will replace static copy, change it for whether they’re a boy or a girl, or even something as simple as including their name.
- Engagement scoring: further segmenting your contacts by how they engage with your brand. For example, you can include an early CTA, like a promotional offer, in your initial welcome series email. You can segment based on whether or not they took advantage of it.
- Behaviour-based triggers: sending emails to contacts based on their behaviour.
Are you ready to create your welcome series email campaign?
A welcome automation series offers you the opportunity to nurture relationships with your dream customers. Deepen connection, develop trust, and build your authority in your market.
DOWNLOAD YOUR EMAIL MARKETING WELCOME SEQUENCE TEMPLATE
- Fully customisable email sequence
- 4 x professionally written emails geared towards engagement and conversion
- Tips and resources for email creation
Email 1: Welcome and deliver the freebie
Email 2: Offer to help
Email 3: Make them an offer they can’t refuse
Email 4: Re engagement
A real time saver. Social Swell’s welcome email sequence is an awesome template and just what I needed to help me fast track the set up of my new email marketing campaign. This template has saved me hours of research and given me a solid starting point to craft the right message for each communication point in the sequence. Very easy to follow and tailor for my brand. For $30, it’s well worth the spend.Jo Collinge | Jo Collinge Creative
Ready to grow your email list?
Our welcome email sequence template is for you if:
- You want professionally written copy but don’t have the budget to hire a copywriter
- Are sick of scratching your head over what to include in your emails – our email marketing strategy is proven.
- Are ready to start tapping into the real potential for growth and sales via email.
This 4 email welcome sequence is so easy to use, is designed for engagement and conversion, and we know it will be your GO-TO every time you set up an automation.
It’s the EXACT strategy we use for our email marketing clients and we’re giving you access for under $30 AUD.
Ready to start monetising your inbox?
Let’s do it.
Win with email marketing – we help Brisbane, Sunshine Coast & Australia wide businesses.
The way we do business is constantly changing.
Today email marketing is one of the best places to invest your time and energy with its incredible 4,200% return on investment.
Not sure if you want to go at it alone?
At Social Swell, we’re experts in using data to optimise content, engage and incentivise your dream clients and help scale online.
We offer a free 30-minute zoom chat over coffee ( or wine ) so we can chat through your options.
No obligation, no pressure, no annoying sales pitches, just quality advice you can trust.
Our team is here to help you succeed